lunes, 4 de enero de 2016

Open Source: how to jump on the bandwagon

Good morning and happy new year!

Today I was reading an article about Open Source and I have discovered an expression that I didn't know in English: jump on the bandwagon. For those who don't know the meaning, jump on the bandwagon means to play along or take advantage of something that is already working. In Spanish means subirse al carro. It has nothing to do with a real wagon.

As you can see, the translation may be literal: saltar o subirse al carro. However, in order to understand the meaning, it is necessary to know the connotation of the expression.

If you don't recognize some expression when you read it, my piece of advice is to read the complete phrase or paragraph. The context will help you to understand the meaning. In addition, you can go to a translator, dictionary or glossary to check it and learn something new.

I let you here the article about Open Source. It is very interesting and you can also improve your English. Just like me.

Regards!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario